La presente informativa è resa, anche ai sensi dell’art. 13 del D. Lgs. 196/2003 “Codice in materia di protezione dei dati personali” (“Codice Privacy”) 
e degli artt. 13 e 14 del Regolamento (UE) 2016/679 (“GDPR”), a coloro che si collegano alla presente edizione online del giornale Tribuna Economica di proprietà di AFC Editore Soc. Coop. 

Leggi di più

The European Central Bank (ECB) estimates that €559 million will be spent on the prudential supervision of banks in 2019. However, total fees will be €576 million to cover a €15.3 million deficit carried forward from 2018 and owing to adjustments to individual fees, amounting to €1.7 million, resulting from changes in banking structures. Banks that are directly

supervised by the ECB will pay 91% of the fees and the remaining 9% will be paid by banks that are indirectly supervised by the ECB. The increase in the cost estimate (from €502.5 million for 2018 to €559.0 million for 2019) mainly reflects staff increases for banks relocating or growing as a result of the United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the EU (Brexit) and the corresponding preparatory assessments. In addition, the ECB is currently undertaking a comprehensive assessment of six Bulgarian banks with a view to conducting negotiations on close cooperation with Bulgaria. Moreover, the restructuring of the Italian cooperative banking sector will lead to additional costs. The overall fee estimate for 2019 of €576 million is significantly higher than the fee estimate for 2018 (which was €474.8 million). This is a consequence of ex-ante invoicing based on cost estimates. In previous years ECB Banking Supervision carried over surpluses from earlier years (which reduced the overall fee), whereas 2018 ended with a €15.3 million deficit that is incorporated into the fee estimate for 2019. More information on the total annual fees can be found on the ECB’s banking supervision website. Banks will receive their individual fee notices in October 2019. At present, a public consultation on the fees framework, including a move to invoicing ex-post instead of ex-ante, is underway.